I’m in Las Vegas this week for Citrix Summit and there’s been some very nice announcements, failed live demos (happens to us all), freezing cold rooms, great lunch, and a lack of pop/tea for those of us who don’t drink coffee. Overall all it’s been a good conference so far.
Some of the announcements that caught my eye are:
- XenServer 6.5 release fixes Dynamic Memory issues on desktops within XenServer while using NVIDIA grid cards.
- Citrix Workspace Services is now Citrix Workspace Cloud.
- “Ultra-Converged” term coined. Same as Hyper-converged but GPU added to the stack.
- Workspace Pod announced. Basically the EVO:RAIL for Citrix but also includes networking. Two providers, HP and dataON.
- It’s the Year Of The VDI, 6th year running. That’s an inside joke but heard this in different terms multiple times.
- New StoreFront is customizable by the end use. This was really cool.
- Desktop Player for Windows.
- Full Linux desktops, and they performed very well.
- XenMobile 10 announced.
- “There’s the boss and then there’s the She-E-O.”
- Citrix acquires Sanbolic for storage virtualization – http://www.citrix.com/news/announcements/jan-2015/citrix-acquires-sanbolic.html
- X1 Prototype Mouse – Bluetooth connected mouse for use with new R1 Citrix Receiver on iPad/iPhone. Works as standard BT mouse on PC though.
- Citrix NetScaler ADC’s rock!!! Better performance and scaling than F5.
There’s more but this is what really caught my eye.